If you want to write a compare and contrast essay and you know not
how to write a compare and contrast essay than bear in mind that for that you need to have the ability to show the similarities & difference between the things possess. It is general way of thinking we use every day, for e.g. when we decided which dress to buy, what place to choose for the picnic or what college to enter.
3 Tips To Select Good Compare & Contrast Essay Topics
- Think about the things, objects, events and people you need to compare and contrast abstractedly.
- For comparison choose things that interest you and importantly you have enough information to write about.
- Create a major situation in relevant to the things you have chosen to compare/contrast.
- You have chosen two places for compare/contrast : London & Birmingham
- Now you are going to create a situation like your parents have decided to move from Birmingham to London and you strongly object it.
- Your Topic will be: “The best City To Live In – London or Birmingham?”
If situation already exists, then analyze it more profoundly, to make preliminary examination and skim through the informative resources in search of the necessary facts to penetrate in the idea deeper.
- You have chosen two situations for compare/contrast: US: Today & Before
- Now you are going to research on how you would compare/contrast the two general situations. It be may lifestyle, economy, literacy etc.
- Your Topic may be: “US Economical Position: 20th Century v/s 21st Century”
- You will make preliminary examination and skim through the informative resources in search of the necessary facts to penetrate in the idea deeper.
31 Good Compare & Contrast Essay Topics IDEAS
- a liberal arts vs. a technical education
- two friends with different lifestyles
- watching a movie on tv vs. viewing it in a theatre
- the place where you live vs. the place you would like to live
- suburban home life vs. apartment life
- two characters in a novel or other literary work
- the atmosphere in two classes
- two approaches to parenting
- your attitude before and after getting to know someone
- typewriter vs. word processor
- living at home vs. living in an apartment or dorm
- walking or biking vs. driving a car
- two approaches for dealing with problems
- children's pastimes today and yesterday
- two career family vs. a one career family
- two comedians
- two rooms where you spend a good deal of time
- the physical or mental demands of two jobs
- neighborhood stores vs. shopping malls
- two attitudes toward money
- two horror or adventure movies
- the coverage of an event on tv vs. the coverage in a newspaper
- significant trend vs. passing fad
- two approaches to studying
- parents vs. teachers as educators
- two techniques for doing something in your field
- something natural vs. something artificial
- a novel and a movie that tell the same story
- a favorite social spot during the day vs. night
- the effectiveness of two pieces of writing
Above are the chunks of popular ideas mainly interesting to teen students. If you want to have more than feel free to contact us. Our friendly customer support will be pleased help you out from any essay writing problem.
Free Comparison Essay Examples